Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Take that!

Today was was one of those days that just makes a momma want to cry.

Zilla had a fabulous 1 year well visit.  Her pediatrician said she was doing great all around.  And I sat there beaming my proud momma smile.
She needs to work on gaining some more weight, which we will work on, but she is just so darn active that she burns everything off too fast.  We'll see what the next couple of months bring.
But good reports otherwise!

And then the even bigger proud momma moment came ...
Bugger played in the leaves and grass in our backyard and got up and started walking all over the place on her own!
To most parents of an almost-3-year old, this would be nothing, but in our house this is huge!
She tends to hate most things having to do with outside ... grass, leaves, sand, swings, slides, etc.
She also has had a huge struggle with gross-motor skills - I would say it has been her biggest challenge overall.  And as of late, she tends to like to walk around our living room in the evening hours mostly.  And will only walk in a different environment if it is to myself her father.
So for her to enjoy the grass and leaves was the first big smile I had.
Then to watch her get up and start walking all over the place on her own with her proud smile plastered across her face ... I could have just melted.

So I know I never share pics, and this one is blurry from my phone, but I just have to share my proud momma moment ...

So I say "Take That" to that Special Needs Monster that likes to get me down.  NOT Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment